Chocolate-stuffed french toast
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, room temperature (or light philadelphia)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 6 oz whole-wheat bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp trans-free margarine
- combine the chocolate and cheese in a small bowl, mix well. Combine strawberries, sugar, and orange zest in a separate bowl.
- spread 1/4 of chocolate mixture on 4 slices of bread. Top each with a second slice and press lightly to form a sandwich.
- combine the whole eggs, egg whites, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Working one a time, dip both sides of each sandwich in mixture and set on a plate.
- melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Wait for the foam to subside, then add the sandwiches and cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve hot, topped with strawberry mixture.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES (one sandwich):
- fat: 15 g
- sat fat: 8 g
- carbs: 48 g
- fiber: 4 g
- protein: 13 g
Use this yummy recipie as one for a cheat meal, since it is high in fats. But overall it is yummy and nutritious :)
Finally getting back on track! Now the key is to NOT mess this up today. I’ve been getting up early the past few days and my body needed a rest so I let myself sleep in. Tonight after work if my friend doesn’t call me to hang out I’ll probably go to the gym. But I want to be in the 137 pound range by tomorrow. I only have 2 days left. I can do this! Really need to detox. No sweets and/or sugary drinks, exercising, and minimal intake of carbs, salt, and dairy.
» read more
THIS is what I’ll be eating (hopefully) when I see my gf, lol.
And actually wound up staying an extra half hour power walking on the treadmill. I didn’t sweat at all during that ab, back, core workout. I mean I felt it but I needed some cardio. You know? So I stayed a little later.
After I came home and showered I went to Whole Foods and got some steamed veggies and their Golden Sesame Tofu. I logged on to myfitnesspal.com and the Sesame Tofu was like 500 calories! I was shocked. Thank God I opted for those steamed veggies as a side instead of like idk rice or something.
» read more
Only for a half an hour though for an abs, back, core workout. Thought I’d squeeze in a class before work. Especially since last night after eating healthy all day I ate a handful of M&Ms and half an Auntie Anne’s pretzel at the mall b/c it was free. D: