1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
Posted 11 months ago with 13,761 notes via healthy-sexy-happy
- purple-cola likes this
- thehealthygamer reblogged this from thatchickwholifts
- selfpedagogy reblogged this from thinspocean
- roses-and-2lips likes this
- tobeathinspiration reblogged this from healthyleadstobeautiful
- omnivorefitblr reblogged this from fit-and-flat
- lovely-things-of-life likes this
- hannahdavey90 reblogged this from unrepentantthinner
- hannahdavey90 likes this
- poopinghearts reblogged this from getsexier
- the-persuit-ofhappiness likes this
- onemessofgorgeouschaos likes this
- meljam20 likes this
- yesshealth reblogged this from health-is-as-health-does
- health-is-as-health-does reblogged this from getsexier
- dairytofit likes this
- when-is-it-myturn reblogged this from getsexier
- getsexier reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- mango224 likes this
- bluelacunadreams likes this
- mirarifata likes this
- young-reckless-minds likes this
- vickytonn reblogged this from fit-and-flat
- tothinandfit likes this
- little-creep-stalker likes this
- cardio-weights-dedication reblogged this from darkhairpalefacedbeauty
- pilateprincess reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- get-in-my-bed-1d likes this
- reclusiveandelusive likes this
- enervatedgrace likes this
- foreverfit-foreverhappy reblogged this from bestofmeisyettocome
- darkhairpalefacedbeauty reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- youseeyouarelikeme likes this
- turtletrot reblogged this from anotherhealthybeginning
- ingusbrutalis likes this
- dare-to-dream-wild likes this
- fitspirationalize likes this
- eat-sleep-train-and-repeat reblogged this from myjourneytofitnesss
- john-benderr reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- swvcst reblogged this from love-yourself-gorgeous
- opulentcoast likes this
- fitballer reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- anotherhealthybeginning reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- 12-pound-program reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- hiddenskills likes this
- fitnesstropical reblogged this from healthyhippo
- thinworks reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- allaroundhealth likes this
- glittercoatedcheerleader likes this